Saturday, January 21, 2006

BIN LADEN'S READING LIST

I haven’t seen this linked anywhere except Huffington Post yet…

From The Washington Post:

“The Author Who Got a Big Boost from bin Laden”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/20/AR2006012001971.html

In his latest missive to the West, Osama bin Laden made mention of the book Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower.

Bin Laden opines: "And if Bush decides to carry on with his lies and oppression, then it would be useful for you to read the book 'Rogue State,' which states in its introduction: 'If I were president, I would stop the attacks on the United States: First, I would give an apology to all the widows and orphans and those who were tortured. Then I would announce that American interference in the nations of the world has ended once and for all.' "

William Blum, author of Rouge State and historian of a left-wing bent, says of bin Laden’s impromptu “endorsement:” "This is almost as good as being an Oprah book…I was not turned off by such an endorsement. I'm not repulsed, and I'm not going to pretend I am."

A core theme to Mr. Blum’s works is that American foreign policy causes more grief – and makes more enemies – than it abates…

Whatever the value of the thesis, the endorsement is solid gold: Rouge State went up in rank from #205,763 to #26 on Amazon.com's index of the most-ordered books.

In one day…

Comments:
I thought Bin Laden's favorite book was "50 Great Click-Beetle Recipes".
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?