Saturday, February 18, 2006

SYMBOLIC NONSENSE

VIA Huffington Post, AP informs us Iran has re-named the Danish Pastry:

“Iran Renames Danish Pastries”

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles?id=n20060216142309990009

From the article:

“Bakeries across the capital were covering up their ads for Danish pastries Thursday after the confectioners' union ordered the name change in retaliation for caricatures of the Muslim prophet published in a Danish newspaper. "Given the insults by Danish newspapers against the prophet, as of now the name of Danish pastries will give way to 'Rose of Muhammad' pastries," the union said in its order.

"This is a punishment for those who started misusing freedom of expression to insult the sanctities of Islam," said Ahmad Mahmoudi, a cake shop owner in northern Tehran.”

This is the silliest thing I have heard since the Freedom Fry… Speaking of which, doesn’t this make all of you who renamed their French Fries feel stupid?

It should…

Comments:
As a Dane I am really hurt when they rename Danish Pastry.

I want a revenge. Let us send the knights who says Ni, Ni, Ni, Ni

Olfert Copenhagen
 
Personally, I still call it "Freedom Toast" too.
 
I renamed my fries - but not to Freedom Fries. I use "Bomb the F***ing Backstabbing French Cowards Spud Slivers".

Little long but it captures my feelings well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?